Dimensions pilot program
The Dimensions pilot program is intended to publicly recognize post-secondary institutions seeking to increase equity, diversity and inclusion in their environments. The program objective is to foster transformational change within the research community at Canadian post-secondary institutions by identifying and eliminating obstacles and inequities in the research ecosystem to support equitable access to funding opportunities, embed EDI-related considerations in research design and practices, and increase equitable and inclusive participation.
The pilot involves a limited number of institutions, which vary in terms of geographical location, institution type, and institution size. Participating institutions have a unique opportunity to be among the first in Canada to submit an application to be recognized for their efforts and progress. They are also expected to help further develop the program’s design and delivery by providing relevant feedback to the Tri-agency Dimensions team.
- Camosun College (British Columbia)
- Holland College (Prince Edward Island)
- Lethbridge College (Alberta)
- Mohawk College (Ontario)
- Mount Saint Vincent University (Nova Scotia)
- Ryerson University (Ontario)
- Sheridan College (Ontario)
- Simon Fraser University (British Columbia)
- Université Laval (Québec)
- University of British Columbia (British Columbia)
- University of Calgary (Alberta)
- University of New Brunswick (New Brunswick)
- University of Ottawa (Ontario)
- University of Saskatchewan (Saskatchewan)
- University of Winnipeg (Manitoba)
- Vancouver Island University (British Columbia)
- Wilfrid Laurier University (Ontario)
Post-secondary institutions not listed above will be able to participate in selected workshops and resources to work on their EDI objectives.
The call for letters of intent to be part of the pilot program closed on July 8, 2019.