2006 Synergy Awards for Innovation
Small and Medium-Sized Companies (single company of up to 500 employees)
- Université de Sherbrooke and Tekna Plasma Systems Inc.
- École Polytechnique de Montréal and LTRIM Technologies
Large Companies (single company of more than 500 employees)
- University of British Columbia and Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Concordia University and Bell Helicopter Textron Canada Ltd.
Two or More Companies (any size)
- University of Regina, Energy INet, SaskPower, HTC Purenergy, EnCana Corp., Babcock & Wilcox, Neill & Gunter, E.On, Saudi Aramco, Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth, Saskatchewan Industry and Resources, Alberta Energy Research Institute, Natural Resources Canada and University of Waterloo
- McGill University, Nortel, McMaster University, University of Ottawa, Queen's University, University of Toronto, Anritsu Electronics Ltd., BTI Photonic Systems Inc., JDS Uniphase Corp. and TELUS Communications Inc.
Leo Derikx Award
- Twelve Canadian universities (represented by the University of Waterloo) and IBM Canada