NSERC Alliance COVID-19 grants
Proposals will be assessed based on the potential timeliness and impact that the project could have on the partner organizations’ preparedness or ability to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
All applications will be reviewed by NSERC file managers to expedite the decision. This evaluation is supported by existing peer review (the principal investigator must hold an active peer-reviewed grant from NSERC as primary applicant at the time of application).
Your application is evaluated using the following equally weighted criteria. The proposal must address all criteria to be considered for funding.
Relevance and outcomes
- Significance of the intended outcomes
- Extent to which the strategy to apply the research results is likely to achieve the intended outcomes
- Appropriateness of the partnership to achieve the intended outcomes
- Clarity of each partner organization’s role in the collaboration
Quality of the proposal
- Clarity of the objectives and deliverables; appropriateness of the scope and size of planned activities to achieve the expected outcomes
- Appropriateness of academic researchers’ expertise, and that found within the partner organizations, for carrying out the planned project