New phase of Alliance grants now open
NSERC is pleased to announce that Alliance grants are now open for Option 1 applications requesting more than $30,000 annually from NSERC. Applications requesting $20,000 or more (up to and including $30,000) annually from NSERC will be accepted beginning on December 11, 2019.
Option 2 applications requesting support for up to 90% or 100% of the costs of the project will be accepted in early 2020. This component of the Alliance grants is intended for proposals that:
- conduct natural science or engineering research that addresses an unmet societal need. This may include research affecting public goods, or that will address national or global issues that benefit more than a single or a few organizations, and where sources of funds are unavailable;
- connect partner organizations willing and able to overcome existing barriers to address these challenges and achieve results that can lead to a societal impact beyond economic benefits, and where an increased level of support from public funds is justified.
More details on the objectives and on the application and evaluation processes for Option 2 will follow in early 2020.
Changes to partner organization information functionality
As of October 21, 2019, NSERC has updated its On-line System to simplify how information is collected from the partner organizations on an Alliance grant.
This update allows applicants to invite their partner organization representative to complete the information online. When completing the Application for a Grant (Form 101), the applicant will provide an email address for the partner organization representative. An invitation with a personalized URL will then be sent to that email address. Once completed by the partner organization representative, the form will be automatically linked to the application. This change will enable:
- The collection of information about the organization directly from the partner organization representative;
- Questions that are tailored to the organization’s sector;
- The confirmation of contributions to the project and agreement with the proposal by the partner organization representative.
On and after October 21, Partner Organization Forms will no longer be accepted as PDF attachments to an Alliance grant application.
If you have any questions or comments about Alliance grants please contact Alliance@nserc-crsng.gc.ca and sign up on the Alliance webpage to be added to the mailing list so you can stay up to date on the latest information.