Alliance Quantum grants
Call for proposals: Strengthening Canada's quantum research and innovation capacity
How to apply
You can apply at any time. This funding opportunity will be available and will accept applications on an ongoing basis until 8:00 p.m (ET) on October 31, 2023. Applications will be evaluated as they are received.
You may apply for multiple grants as the principal applicant or as a co-applicant in order to support separate projects. The grants must cover distinct expenses; there must be no duplication of funding.
- Log in to NSERC's online system and choose Create a new form 101.
- Select Research partnerships programs, then Alliance grants.
- For the Proposal type field, select Full proposal.
- For the Type of call field, select Quantum - Strengthening Capacity from the drop-down menu.
- Following the instructions for completing an Alliance Quantum grant application, fill out the Alliance Quantum grants proposal template and complete the other sections of your application.
- In the case where your application involves one or more partner organizations from the private sector, including when they participate alongside other partner organizations from the public and/or not-for-profit sectors, also complete the National Security Guidelines for Research Partnerships' risk assessment form.
- Submit your completed application and supporting documents, including the personal data form with CCV attachment for the applicant and all co-applicants, through NSERC's online system. Your partner organization's contact person will be invited through the online system to provide information about the organization following the partner organization instructions.
By submitting your application, you and your co-applicants (when applicable) agree to the terms and conditions of applying for applicants. By participating in your application, your partner organizations agree to the terms and conditions of applying for partner organizations.
Alberta Innovates' Campus Alberta Small Business Engagement program—Stream II
If you are an NSERC-eligible researcher at a university located in Alberta and you intend to submit your Alliance Quantum grant application in conjunction with an application to the Alberta Innovates Campus Alberta Small Business Engagement (CASBE) program—Stream II (see Funding your research project), follow the instructions provided in Alberta Innovates' CASBE program guide. Particularly, in NSERC's online system, you must
- for the Type of call field, select Quantum - Strengthening Capacity from the drop-down menu
- in the Contributions section of form 101, add Alberta Innovates as Other funder (not involved in the research)
- attach Alberta Innovates' conditional approval using the Other documents section of form 101
By submitting your CASBE application to Alberta Innovates and the related Alliance Quantum grant application to NSERC, you, your co-applicants and your partner organizations agree to the sharing between Alberta Innovates and NSERC of any and all information, including personal information, in any way related to the applications, to their adjudication and to the awards.
Equity, diversity and inclusion
NSERC is acting on the evidence that achieving a more equitable, diverse and inclusive Canadian research enterprise is essential to creating the excellent, innovative and impactful research necessary to advance knowledge and understanding, and to respond to local, national and global challenges. This principle informs the commitments described in the Tri-agency statement on equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI).
You are encouraged to consider sex, gender and diversity in the project's research design. Diversity and gender equity should also be considered when developing the research team and considering how to promote and support a variety of forms of mentoring to ensure students' and postdoctoral fellows' equitable participation and growth. Refer to the Guide for applicants: Considering equity, diversity and inclusion in your application for more information.
Sign up to receive email updates with the latest information on NSERC Alliance grants.
October 31, 2023