NSERC welcomes new members to its Council
June 3, 2021
The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) is delighted to announce the recent appointment of five members to its Council. The addition of these five exceptional members will further bolster the rich and diverse expertise of Council as it works toward maximizing the strategic impact of Canada’s investments in scientific and engineering research. The new members are:
- Sara Badiei, Unity Technologies, Coquitlam, British Columbia
- Valérie Bonnardel-Vacqué, Université de Moncton, New Brunswick
- Susan Chatwood, University of Alberta, Alberta (reappointment)
- Rimeh Daghrir, Cégep de Saint-Laurent, Quebec
- Charmaine B. Dean, University of Waterloo, Ontario
The five new members were selected via the open, transparent and merit-based Governor in Council appointments process, which strives for gender parity and the selection of exceptionally competent candidates who truly reflect Canada's diversity.
The Council is composed of 18 distinguished Canadians and is advised by various standing and advisory committees that are guided by a peer review process.