New this year: The call for nominations is now open for all NSERC Prizes
General news Professors Students Alliance
August 21, 2023
Nominations are now being accepted for all NSERC Prizes as per their new competition cycle. The deadlines to submit a nomination for each of the Prizes are as follows:
November 15, 2023
November 28, 2023
- Brockhouse Canada Prize for Interdisciplinary Research in Science and Engineering
- Gerhard Herzberg Canada Gold Medal for Science and Engineering
- NSERC John C. Polanyi Award
- NSERC Donna Strickland Prize for Societal Impact of Natural Sciences and Engineering Research
December 14, 2023
These prizes recognize scientists and engineers from academia, industry, and the public and not-for-profit sectors, for their exceptional work and contributions to research, training and science promotion. Nominees are assessed for their broad impacts and achievements on a local, national or international scale.
NSERC encourages a diverse pool of nominees to reflect the breadth of excellence in Canada’s research ecosystem. Diversity takes many forms and is not only understood in terms of individual identity but also research area, institution size, region, etc.
In nominating a person or a team, please consider:
- Thinking broadly before nominating to ensure diverse candidacies are considered.
- Including various contributions to research such as transfer of knowledge, training and mentoring of highly qualified personnel, or communication of research to non-specialist audiences.
- Encouraging your colleagues to nominate someone as there can be more than one nomination per institution.
- Asking someone to nominate you.
- Nominate yourself, when possible.
Prize recipients are role models for the research community and for future scientists and engineers. We encourage you to share this call for nominations broadly and inclusively in your networks.