Gender Summit 11: Program at a glance available
The Gender Summit 11 North America 2017 is promising to go beyond sex-based differences with discussions on LGBTQ2 and Indigenous communities
May 5, 2017
The Gender Summit is coming to Canada for the first time with the ambitious goal of exploring equity and diversity in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) research in the broadest sense. As announced in September 2016, the Natural Sciences and Engineering Council of Canada and the Fonds de recherche du Québec will be co-hosting, with the collaboration of Portia Ltd., the Gender Summit 11 North America 2017 from November 6 to 8, 2017, in Montréal.
The organizers are pleased to release the program at a glance, which promises stimulating discussions on current themes such as:
- The countless benefits of pluralism
- Diversity as a catalyst for innovation: Considering how LGBTQ2 perspectives strengthen research and innovation
- Perspectives on gender equity and diversity within the industrial sector
- Advancing research by and with Indigenous peoples: a step toward reconciliation
- Pluralism and inclusion: perspectives and challenges in the digital era
- Shifting power: creating diverse and inclusive senior leadership teams and boards
Get more details about the program and share with your networks!
The Gender Summit’s aim is to make gender equality the norm and to embed it as a primary dimension of quality in research and innovation. GS11 will focus on the theme "Embracing Pluralism and Thriving through Diversity – Shaping Science and Innovation.” Over 600 international advocates of gender equality from academia, industry, government, and non-profit organizations will be joining the conversation.
Dates: November 6–8, 2017
Location: Le Centre Sheraton Montréal Hotel, Québec
Registration is now open.
Registration Fees for Gender Summit 11:
- Until September 5
- Regular $450
- Student $150
- After September 5
- Regular $550
- Student $200