NSERC and CIIRDF launch new call for Canada-Israel R&D projects
April 11, 2018
The Natural Sciences and Engineering Council of Canada (NSERC) and the Canada-Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (CIIRDF) are pleased to host a new Call for Proposals (CFP) for bilateral R&D projects. Leveraging support from the Governments of Canada and Israel, this CFP aims to stimulate R&D collaboration between firms in Canada and Israel with a focus on the commercialization of new technologies.
Eligibility: This Call invites private sector companies from Canada and Israel to propose joint research, R&D and technology development projects for the creation of innovative products or processes with a non-defense application. Preference will be given to small and medium sized enterprises (firms with fewer than 500 employees). The maximum length for projects funded under this Call is 24 months.
- Canadian firms can leverage academic expertise on their R&D project and engage students jointly with NSERC.
- Public sector organizations, such as universities and research institutions, are eligible to participate in R&D projects as project subcontractors or consultants (not applicants)
Funding: Following a rigorous evaluation process, CIIRDF selects and awards Canada-Israel R&D teams with financial contributions up to 50% of the eligible project costs to a maximum of CDN$ 800,000 per project.
Areas of special consideration: Special consideration will be given to projects in the following areas:
- Information and Communication Technologies (including cyber, fintech)
- Life Sciences
- Clean tech and sustainable tech (including water, renewables), plus limited energy (oil and gas)
- Agriculture and agrifood (including agri-tech)
Summary proposal submission deadline: May 31, 2018
Full proposal submission deadline: June 29, 2018
Notification of approved projects: October 2018
Seeking an R&D partner? CIIRDF offers a matchmaking service for companies in both countries.
For additional information, please contact: