Canadian Space Agency postdoctoral supplement
$10,000 per year for two years.
Refer to the Canadian Space Agency website.
The objective of the Canadian Space Agency (CSA) postdoctoral supplement is to
- develop a critical mass of researchers in space-related areas across Canada
- provide young researchers with a research opportunity under the supervision and mentorship of a more senior researcher
- increase the value of postdoctoral researchers for future employers in the space sector by exposing them to practical experiences that will enable them to acquire space science and technology knowledge and skill sought by the space sector
- advance space scientific knowledge and/or develop new space technologies
This supplement provides financial support to high-calibre postdoctoral fellows whose research is in the field of space sciences. The CSA offers up to a maximum of ten supplements annually.
To be eligible for this supplement, you must:
- be awarded an NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship (PDF) the same year you apply for the supplement
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, as of the PDF program application deadline
- have proposed research that aligns with the priorities outlined in the Space Strategy for Canada
If your application is successful, the CSA will supplement your NSERC postdoctoral fellowship by $10,000 per year for two years.
To apply, follow the instructions on the CSA website.
Applications will undergo an eligibility assessment by the CSA, and eligible applications will be reviewed according to the CSA’s evaluation process. Refer to the CSA website for more information on the evaluation criteria and the selection process.
Notification of results
You will be notified by email, directly from the CSA, of the decision regarding your application.
Canadian Space Agency